Summer Organ Festival
Discover the Abbey’s awe-inspiring grand organ at our Summer Organ Festival in July and August 2021.
Hear the magnificent five-manual Harrison & Harrison instrument come to life at our Tuesday evening concerts, which feature the Abbey’s own organists and leading performers from around the world, and find out more about the ‘king of instruments’ at our Discovery Events.
In the light of continuing COVID-19 restrictions, we are presenting a smaller-scale festival this year, with headline performances given exclusively by the Abbey organists. We look forward to resuming our full programme of events and welcoming visiting artists back in forthcoming seasons.
Main Festival concerts
- Tuesday 20th July at 7.00pm – James O’Donnell
- Tuesday 27th July at 7.00pm – Matthew Jorysz
- Tuesday 3rd August at 7.00pm – Peter Holder
Note: Peter Holder's original concert was originally due to take place on Tuesday 13th July.
Young Artist Platform
For the first time as part of the Summer Organ Festival, we are delighted to showcase emerging talent in our new Young Artist Platform series.
Recitals take place each Sunday afternoon during the festival period and last 30 minutes. Admission is free.
- Sunday 11th July at 5.00pm – Charles Maxtone-Smith (Organ Scholar, Westminster Abbey; Royal Academy of Music)
- Sunday 18th July at 5.00pm – Polina Sosnina (Royal College of Music) Nominated by the Keyboard Trust
- Sunday 25th July at 5.00pm – Callum Alger (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire)
- Sunday 1st August at 5.00pm – Michael Stephens-Jones (Selwyn College, Cambridge) Nominated by the Royal College of Organists
This concert takes place thanks to the generous support of Patricia Owen Keltner and David Keltner. Every ticket purchased helps support the Abbey recover from the severe financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic and ensure the continuation of its rich musical tradition.