Photography in the Abbey
Visitors to Westminster Abbey are welcome to take personal photographs in the church but we ask that you do not use a flash or take pictures during services.
If you are planning to take photographs during your visit, please note the following restrictions:
- Photography is not permitted at any time during services, including any services that run alongside tourist visiting.
- Video recording, flash photography, extra lighting, selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted.
- Photography of children and young people is prohibited without consent of the accompanying adult.
- Professional photography is only permitted on the approval of our Press Office.
- Photography is not permitted at any time in the Shrine of St Edward the Confessor, St Faith’s Chapel or The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries.
Please speak to a member of staff if you have any questions about photography during your visit to the Abbey.
This gallery includes a number of professional-quality, high-resolution images of Westminster Abbey which you are free to download and use on a personal, non-commercial basis.
Requests for any public, commercial or professional use of these images should be made via email to the Press Office.