In the north west tower chapel in the nave of Westminster Abbey is a white and coloured marble memorial to Lt. Colonel the Honorable George Lake. This is signed by sculptor James Smith and includes a sarcophagus and military colours. The coat of arms is cast in lead and painted showing "sable, a bend cotised between six cross crosslets argent, a crescent for difference" with the crest of a nag's head. The memorial was originally in the window splay of the third bay of the north nave aisle, above the Clanricarde monument. The inscription reads:
Sacred to the memory of the Honble. George Augustus Frederick Lake, late Lieut. Colonel in his Majesty's 29th Regiment of Foot who fell at the head of his Grenadiers in driving the enemy from the heights of Roleia in Portugal on the 17th August 1808. This stone is erected in his memory by the officers, non commissioned officers, drummers and privates of the Corps as a testimony of their high regard and esteem.