Lord Erroll of Hale
In the west window of the Lady Chapel at Westminster Abbey is the coat of arms of Lord Erroll of Hale (lower row of panels), engineer, who died in 2000. He was a Trustee of the fund raising committee concerned with the major restoration of the exterior of the Abbey and later of the Lady Chapel which ran from 1973 until 1995, when the window was unveiled by Queen Elizabeth II.
Frederick James Erroll was born on 27th May 1914 (his father had originally been called Bergmans and the family came from Holland). He was a Privy Councillor, Member of Parliament, President of the Board of Trade and Minister of Power as well as chairman of various companies including Bowater Corporation.
This image can be purchased from Westminster Abbey Library
Image © 2023 Dean and Chapter of Westminster