Among a series of small windows in Henry VII's chapel, Westminster Abbey, installed in 1995 to acknowledge donors to the Abbey's late twentieth-century restoration appeal, is one naming Dr Mortimer Sackler (1916-2010) and his third wife Theresa. Alfred Fisher designed the window, which includes symbols associated with the Sacklers' interests and two short inscriptions:
M & T Sackler family
Peace through Education
The Sacklers are also acknowledged in the series of enamelled copper plates naming contributors to the restoration appeal which line the steps to the chapel. These were designed by Donald Buttress and painted by Kenneth Breese in 1999.
The Dr Mortimer and Theresa Sackler Foundation and The Sackler Trust made donations towards the creation of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries in the Abbey's triforium where their names appear in a window along with those of other donors.
Westminster Abbey has always recognised the important contribution made to its work by many benefactors over the centuries. We note with sadness the suffering caused in the USA by opioid addiction. Projects at the Abbey are no longer supported by charitable trusts associated with the Sackler family.