Lord Harris of Peckham
Sir Philip Harris, now Lord Harris of Peckham, was a major donor to the Westminster Abbey restoration appeal which culminated in 1995 with the completion of the restoration of Henry VII's Lady Chapel. In the west window of this chapel the coats of arms and initials of other major donors and those connected with the Westminster Abbey Trust appeal can be seen. The Harris arms are in the lower row of this window.
In 2000 he and his wife presented the stained glass window at the east end of the chapel (above the Battle of Britain window), designed by Alan Younger. Kneeling figures of the donors can be seen at the base of the design, which celebrates the Virgin Mary.
In 2013 two flanking windows, in a predominantly blue design by Hughie O'Donoghue, were unveiled, also the gift of Lord and Lady Harris. There are no inscriptions in the east windows.
The generosity of Lord Harris also helped make possible the Queen's window in the north transept designed by David Hockney.
Phililp Harris was born in 1942, son of Charles Harris M.C. and his wife Ruth. In 1960 he married Pauline Chumley. He is concerned with many different charities.