Gerald (Grosvenor), 6th Duke of Westminster was a generous donor to the Westminster Abbey appeal fund for the restoration of the exterior stonework and the Lady Chapel. In this chapel is a small window, by Alfred Fisher of Chapel Studios, which contains his achievement of arms and motto and the inscription "The Duke of Westminster". As well as this small single window his arms also appear in the large west window of the chapel, unveiled by Queen Elizabeth II in 1995 to mark the completion of the restoration of the Lady Chapel.
He was born in 1951, son of Robert, 5th Duke of Westminster and his wife Viola (Lyttelton). Educated at Harrow School and Sandhurst military academy he served for many years in the British Army. He was a major landowner (the Grosvenor Estates) in London and elsewhere, businessman and philanthropist. He died suddenly on 9th August 2016 and is succeeded by his son Hugh.