Colin Williams (1942-2015) was an Honorary Steward of Westminster Abbey (from 1992-2012) and a generous donor to the appeal for the restoration of Henry VII's chapel. A small stained glass window was unveiled in the chapel in 1995, made by the Alfred Fisher studio. The window depicts his coat of arms, the badge of the YMCA (he was a great- great grandson of the founder Sir George Williams and served as their Vice President), a seal, a seated Chinese lion (symbol of his firm) and a furnace, with the words WILLIAMS WOGEN. He co-founded the firm of Wogen Plc in 1972 and served as Chairman and non-executive director for over forty years, travelling frequently to China and Russia trading titanium sponge. Their offices are in Broad Sanctuary outside the Abbey. Also he was Chairman of Uppingham School. He married Gerlinda and had two children. On 30th June 2015 he died suddenly. As is the custom for former members of the Abbey staff and stewards his body rested overnight in St Faith's chapel in the Abbey and the funeral was later at St Mary's Conington, Cambridge.
See also the entry for Sir George Williams on this website. The main YMCA window is in the nave of the Abbey.