Westminster Abbey launches Association
Monday, 23rd November 2015
Westminster Abbey introduces its membership scheme, the Westminster Abbey Association, on Monday 30th November for those who would like to support the work of the Abbey and receive unlimited entry during the year, invitations to an exclusive annual event and special offers.
As one of the finest medieval churches in England, at the heart of the nation for over a thousand years, Westminster Abbey tells the story of the people of the British Isles, their lives and their works and of the links they have established over the centuries with every part of the world. The Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066, and the setting for great events in the life of the nation, such as royal weddings and funerals. It is the burial place of kings and queens, and historic figures, from writers and musicians to politicians and scientists.
Westminster Abbey Association membership, which costs from £50 annually, provides the opportunity to become more closely associated with this glorious church and to help sustain and protect its rich heritage, whilst enjoying key benefits:
- Membership pack, including tote bag and welcome booklet
- Free and unlimited entry to the Abbey for one year
- Access to an annual exclusive Association event
- 10% discount in the Abbey shop and Cellarium Café
- Priority notification about selected special services and events
- The quarterly Association newsletter
- The Dean of Westminster's Christmas Letter – his personal review of the year
- Ticket ballot for the Abbey's Christmas services
The Dean of Westminster, The Very Reverend Dr John Hall said: 'We are delighted to be launching the Westminster Abbey Association – our first membership scheme in a thousand years - and look forward to welcoming Associates to the Abbey.'
Westminster Abbey Association membership can be purchased in person from Westminster Abbey at the north door of the church from Monday 30th November at 9.30am.