Westminster Abbey is embarking on an exciting new project to build a new museum and gallery: The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries, in the Abbey's medieval triforium.
The gallery runs 70 ft above the Abbey floor, and has been hidden to the public for over 700 years. The new galleries will give visitors magnificent views to the Palace of Westminster and into the church, displaying treasures and collections reflecting the Abbey's rich and varied thousand-year history.
Due to open in 2018
Photo GalleryTake a look at our gallery as the project develops over the next three years.
- Treasury of historic clothing revealed at Westminster Abbey
- Conservation viewing area opens
- Guardian: Westminster Abbey lavatory block gives way to medieval burial find
- Daily Mail: Packed up to Preserve for Another Generation
- Guardian: Westminster Abbey's secrets in the attic to go on display
- Telegraph: The Ultimate Loft Clear-Out
- New Tower for Westminster Abbey