Meet our Head Gardener
Take a stroll around the Abbey’s green spaces with our Head Gardener, Jan Pancheri.
Jan is the author of The Gardens of Westminster Abbey, who has tended the Abbey’s gardens for over a decade.
About the tour
On this 60-minute tour you will see:
- Dean’s Yard, a green oasis tucked away within the Abbey’s precincts.
- College Garden, the country’s oldest cultivated garden, which was used in monastic times to grow food and medicinal herbs. Includes a visit to the Abbey's beautiful greenhouse which dates from 1929.
- Little Cloister Garden, a tranquil space with a fountain, originally an area set aside for recuperation after illness.
- St Catherine’s Chapel Garden created within the ruins of a chapel with raised beds of sun-loving plants.
- Cloister Garth, with its memorial fountain commemorating Lancelot Capability Brown.
What you need to book for this event
Meet our Head Gardener event ticket.
What you don't need to book for this event
General admission to the Abbey.
If you would like to visit inside the Abbey you will need to purchase a separate ticket.
How to book
Purchase your ticket for this event from the dates listed above.
The Meet our Head Gardener event lasts approximately 60 minutes and there is a maximum of 10 people per tour.