Hidden Highlights tour
New dates added for October and November
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public.
Join an Abbey staff member for a special 75-minute tour opening up areas of the Abbey not normally visited by the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- St George's Chapel - home of the Coronation Chair (accessible on tours from 26th - 30th October only)
- Jerusalem Chamber where Henry IV died in 1413 (accessible on tours from 2nd - 6th November only)
- Library, formerly part of the monk’s dormitory with a magnificent 15th century oak roof and majestic 17th century bookcases
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, opened in 2018 and displaying many of the Abbey’s treasures
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Group sizes are 10 people.
£15.00, plus Abbey entry.
Advance bookings only.
You will not need to buy tickets for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries separately. Entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour.
How to book
Note down your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list below. Visit the Westminster Abbey ticket website and select your chosen date. Book your general admission tickets and you will then be asked to book tickets for the Hidden Highlights tour.
The time slot for your general admission ticket must be before or the same time as the tour time slot.
If you purchase a ticket for any 12:15pm tour but you also want to see the Abbey then please book your visit time well before the tour starts.
You may not have enough time to explore the Abbey if you decide to wait until after the Hidden Highlights tour.
Recently added tour dates
- Tuesday 26th October, 10:00am
- Tuesday 26th October, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 27th October, 10:00am
- Wednesday 27th October, 12:15pm
- Thursday 28th October, 10:00am
- Thursday 28th October, 12:15pm
- Friday 29th October, 10:00am
- Friday 29th October, 12:15pm
- Saturday 30th October, 9:30am
- Saturday 30th October, 10:30am
- Saturday 30th October, 11:30am
- Tuesday 2nd November, 10:00am
- Tuesday 2nd November, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 3rd November, 10:00am
- Wednesday 3rd November, 12:15pm
- Thursday 4th November, 10:00am
- Thursday 4th November, 12:15pm
- Friday 5th November, 10:00am
- Friday 5th November, 12:15pm
- Saturday 6th November, 9:30am
- Saturday 6th November, 10:30am
- Saturday 6th November, 11:30am
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.