Hidden Highlights tour - June
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public in June.
About the tour
On this 75-minute tour you will visit areas of the Abbey not normally open to the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- Library, formerly part of the monk’s dormitory with a magnificent 15th century oak roof and majestic 17th century bookcases
- The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, opened in 2018 and displaying many of the Abbey’s treasures
- St George's Chapel, home of the Coronation Chair
- Jerusalem Chamber, the medieval room where Henry IV died and Henry V became king
What you need to book for this event
- Hidden Highlights tour ticket
- General admission to the Abbey
What you don't need to book for this event
- Admission to The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries (entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour)
On days when the Abbey closes earlier than our usual closure time of 4:30pm you may not have enough time to explore the Abbey if you decide to wait until after the Hidden Highlights tour has finished.
The Platinum Jubilee tour lasts approximately 75 minutes and there is a maximum of 14 people per tour.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.