An alabaster and black marble monument to Anne Kirton in St Andrew's chapel in Westminster Abbey has been moved from its original position and is now rather obscured by the Henry Norris monument. Above the inscription is a weeping eye with tears dripping down to the wording. The coat of arms at the top has been lost. The English part of the inscription reads:
To the memorie of his virtuous & deare beloved wife Anne Kirton, daughter of Henry Bodenham in the county of Wilts. Esq. by Katherine daughter of George Wadham of Cathersto in the county of Dor[set] Esq. Her sorrowful husband James Kirton of Castell Cary in the county of Som[erset] Gent. in regard of her virtues & his love erected this monument
The Latin sections can be translated:
Placed by love to tears. Dear to God, beloved by her husband, pious, fair, virtuous, Anna received into Heaven sings Hosanna to God. She died on the 7th day of September, in the year of Salvation 1603.
Its possible the memorial was placed in this chapel as nearby is the grave of Edmund Kirton or Kyrton, abbot of Westminster.