Hidden Highlights tour - July
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public in July.
About the tour
On this 75-minute tour you will visit areas of the Abbey not normally open to the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- Library, formerly part of the monk’s dormitory with a magnificent 15th century oak roof and majestic 17th century bookcases
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, opened in 2018 and displaying many of the Abbey’s treasures
- St George's Chapel, home of the Coronation Chair
- Jerusalem Chamber, the medieval room where Henry IV died and Henry V became king
What you need to book for this event
- Hidden Highlights tour ticket
- General admission to the Abbey
What you don't need to book for this event
- Admission to The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries (entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour)
How to book
- Select your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list above.
- You will be transferred to the Westminster Abbey ticket website. Select your chosen date and time (the time slot must be before or the same time as the tour time slot) and select your general admission tickets.
- You will then be prompted to book tickets for the Hidden Highlights tour, if available.
On days when the Abbey closes earlier than our usual closure time of 4:30pm you may not have enough time to explore the Abbey if you decide to wait until after the Hidden Highlights tour has finished.
The Platinum Jubilee tour lasts approximately 75 minutes and there is a maximum of 14 people per tour.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.