A feast of seasonal music from the Choir of Westminster Abbey.
Drawing inspiration from the traditional Festival of Lessons and Carols, the Choir of Westminster Abbey presents an enticing Christmas programme featuring festive choral works interspersed with much-loved carols and seasonal readings telling the story of the Nativity.
The centrepiece of the programme is Benjamin Britten’s magical Ceremony of Carols for treble voices and harp, performed by the Abbey Choristers with harpist Sally Pryce.
This concert takes place thanks to the generous support of Patricia Owen Keltner and David Keltner.
About the performers
- The Choir of Westminster Abbey
- Peter Holder organ
- Sally Pryce harp
- James O'Donnell conductor
- Reserved seating - £40, £34, £28
- Restricted view (unreserved) - £22
- No view (unreserved) - £15
There is a £1.75 transaction fee.
Attending the concert
- Doors open at 6.15pm and the concert will begin at 7.00pm.
- There will be no interval and the performance will end at around 8.15pm.
- Latecomers will be admitted but may not be able to occupy their allocated seats until a suitable break in the performance.
Food & drink
The Cellarium Terrace will be open from 5.00pm serving pre-concert drinks and snacks, with a two-course pre-concert menu available in the Cellarium Café from 5.30pm.
For reservations please call 020 7222 0516 or email [email protected].
Access & security
- Entry to Westminster Abbey is via the Great West Door
- On arrival, please have your ticket ready to show our staff (either printed at home or on your mobile phone).
- Your bag will be searched and we ask you not to bring any large items with you (for example suitcases, large backpacks or folding bicycles) as these will not be allowed inside and we are unable to store them for you.
We have a number of measures in place at the Abbey to help ensure your safety:
- our overall seating capacity has been reduced and we have made changes to the layout to improve access to seats and minimise congestion.
- hand sanitiser is available and an enhanced cleaning regime remains in place throughout the church.
- all audience members and staff are required to wear face coverings and to observe social distancing as far as possible while moving around the church.
- check-in via the NHS Test & Trace app is encouraged.
- ticket-holders are asked not to attend if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Filming & photography
Please note that photography, filming and sound recording are not permitted at Abbey concerts.
- Older children are very welcome at our evening concerts but we do not recommend them for children under the age of six.
- Tickets for Abbey concerts are non-transferrable and non-refundable (except in cases of COVID-19 illness or self-isolation).