In the chapel of St Andrew in Westminster Abbey is a memorial to Rear Admiral Thomas Totty. This shows a relief of a three-masted ship with flag at half-mast and firing minute guns. The sculptor was John Bacon junior. The monument was originally floor standing but is now set higher up. The inscription reads:
Sacred to the memory of THOMAS TOTTY, of Cornist in the county of Flint, Esquire, a Rear-Admiral in his Majesty's Navy: who, having on the 17th November 1801 been appointed Commander-in-Chief on the Leeward Island station, was soon after his arrival at Martinique, severely attacked by the malignant fever peculiar to that climate; and expired at sea, on the 2nd of June 1802 in the 57th year of his age. His remains were interred in the Garrison Chapel at Portsmouth, with military honors, on the 4th July following. Although it was not his proud lot to fall gloriously in the cause of his country, his merit, as a zealous, diligent and able officer, was well known and acknowledged: the esteem in which he was held, and the sorrow and concern of his relatives and friends, at the event of his death, are the best testimonies of his private worth. As a tribute of affection, in grateful remembrance of his fraternal and kind regard, his brother, WILLIAM TOTTY, has erected this monument.