Hidden Highlights tour
Dates have been added for December.
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public.
Join an Abbey staff member for a special 75-minute tour opening up areas of the Abbey not normally visited by the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- Jerusalem Chamber where Henry IV died in 1413 (Not featured in December's tours)
- Library, formerly part of the monk’s dormitory with a magnificent 15th century oak roof and majestic 17th century bookcases
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, opened in 2018 and displaying many of the Abbey’s treasures
- St George's Chapel, home of the Coronation Chair
- Shrine of Edward the Confessor (New for December tours)
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Group sizes are 10 people.
£15.00, plus Abbey entry.
Advance bookings only.
You will not need to buy tickets for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries separately. Entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour.
How to book
Note down your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list below. Visit the Westminster Abbey ticket website and select your chosen date. Book your general admission tickets and you will then be asked to book tickets for the Hidden Highlights tour.
The time slot for your general admission ticket must be before or the same time as the tour time slot.
12:15pm and 1.30pm tours
If you purchase a ticket for any 12:15pm tour but you also want to see the Abbey then please book your visit time well before the tour starts.
You may not have enough time to explore the Abbey if you decide to wait until after the Hidden Highlights tour.
Recently added tour dates
- Monday 6th December, 12:15pm
- Thursday 9th December, 10:00am
- Thursday 9th December, 12:15pm
- Saturday 11th December, 10:00am
- Monday 13th December, 10:00am
- Monday 13th December, 12:15pm
- Tuesday 14th December, 10:00am
- Tuesday 14th December, 12:15pm
- Thursday 16th December, 10:00am
- Friday 17th December, 10:00am
- Friday 17th December, 12:15pm
- Saturday 18th December, 10:00am
- Monday 20th December, 10:00am
- Tuesday 21st December, 10:00am - SOLD OUT
- Tuesday 21st December, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 22nd December, 10:00am
- Wednesday 22nd December, 12:15pm
- Monday 27th December, 10:00am
- Monday 27th December, 12:15pm
- Tuesday 28th December, 10:00am
- Tuesday 28th December, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 29th December, 10:00am
- Wednesday 29th December, 12:15pm
- Thursday 30th December, 10:00am
- Thursday 30th December, 12:15pm
- Friday 31st December, 10:00am
- Friday 31st December, 12:15pm
- Saturday 1st January, 10:00am
- Saturday 1st January, 12:15am
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.