Dr Nathaniel Rogers, physician of Westminster, presented a small two-light stained glass window to Westminster Abbey. This is in the window of the east aisle of the south transept and is by Messrs Clayton & Bell. The figures of King David and St John represent poets of the Old and New Testaments. At the top is the coat of arms assigned to St Edward the Confessor. The inscription reads:
Nathaniel Rogers M.D. gave this window A.D. 1869
Dr Rogers also paid for the repair of Daniel Pulteney's monument in the south cloister. He died at Exmouth in Devon on 27th October 1884 aged 77.
J.R. Clayton (1827-1912) joined up with Alfred Bell in 1855 to form their company and they executed several windows in the Abbey.
This image can be purchased from Westminster Abbey Library
Image © 2023 Dean and Chapter of Westminster