Hidden Highlights tour
New dates added for October
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public.
Join an Abbey staff member for a special 75-minute tour opening up areas of the Abbey not normally visited by the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- Jerusalem Chamber where Henry IV died in 1413
- Library, formerly part of the monk’s dormitory with a magnificent 15th century oak roof and majestic 17th century bookcases
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, opened in 2018 and displaying many of the Abbey’s treasures
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Group sizes are 10 people.
£15.00, plus Abbey entry.
Advance bookings only.
Please book your Abbey entry first, and then select the Hidden Highlights tour. You will not need to buy tickets for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries separately. Entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour.
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.
How to book
Note down your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list below. Visit the Westminster Abbey ticket website and select your chosen date. Book your general admission tickets and you will then be asked to book tickets for the Hidden Highlights tour.
The time slot for your general admission ticket must be before or the same time as the tour time slot.
If you purchase a ticket for any 12:15pm tour but you also want to see the Abbey then please book your visit time well before the tour starts.
You may not have enough time to explore the Abbey if you decide to wait until after the Hidden Highlights tour.
Recently added tour dates
- Friday 8th October, 10:00am
- Friday 8th October, 12:15pm
- Saturday 9th October, 9:30am
- Saturday 9th October, 11:30am
- Monday 11th October, 10:00am
- Monday 11th October, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 13th October, 12:15pm
- Thursday 14th October, 10:00am
- Thursday 14th October, 12:15pm
- Friday 15th October, 10:00am
- Friday 15th October, 12:15pm
- Monday 18th October, 10:00am
- Monday 18th October, 12:15pm
- Tuesday 19th October, 10:00am
- Tuesday 19th October, 12:15pm
- Wednesday 20th October, 10:00am
- Wednesday 20th October, 12:15pm
- Friday 22nd October, 10:00am
- Friday 22nd October, 12:15pm
- Saturday 23rd October, 10:30am
- Saturday 23rd October, 11:30am