Where, why and how do Christians pray?Download resource
Recap the essential elements of where, how and why Christians pray, within the context of Westminster Abbey, at the start of the topic on prayer and worship. This KS3 introduction lesson is designed to last for one hour. It includes activities about what Christian worship looks like, examples of how Christians pray and an activity about matching key locations in the Abbey with definitions of their purpose in a service.
- To be able to define what Christian prayer and worship entails
- To be able to explain what Christian worship looks like
- To be able to discuss different examples of Christian prayer, including the Lord’s Prayer
- To be able to discuss reasons why Christians might pray
- To be able to understand the location and roles of objects and spaces in Westminster Abbey that relate to worship