Hidden Highlights tour - October
Explore behind the scenes of the Abbey on a guided tour of some areas not usually open to the public.
About the tour
On this 75-minute tour you will visit areas of the Abbey not normally open to the public. You will see the lost medieval sacristy, recently revealed during one of our biggest ever archaeological projects, and:
- Florence Nightingale & Nurses' chapel, the chapel remembers those in nursing professions who died during the 1939-1945 war
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Galleries, which displays many of the Abbey’s treasures
- Jerusalem Chamber, the medieval room where Henry IV died and Henry V became king
What you need to book for this event
- General admission to the Abbey
What you don't need to book for this event
- Admission to The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries (entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour)
How to book
- Select your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list above.
- You will be transferred to the Westminster Abbey ticket website. Select your chosen date and time (the time slot must be before or the same time as the tour time slot) and select your general admission tickets.
- You will then be prompted to book tickets for the Hidden Highlights tour, if available.
If you're interested in the 12:15pm tour
If you would like to look around the rest of the Abbey during your visit then we recommend you do so before you take part in the tour. This is to allow you enough time to see as much as possible.
Additional information and restrictions
There is a maximum of 15 people per tour.
Photography is not permitted on this tour.
Children under the age of 15 will not be permitted access as part of the tour covers an excavated burial site.
Most of the areas you visit on this tour are stepped and in some places you will only have a rope bannister as support. Please consider this carefully when booking.