Church and Crown tour - June
Discover the thousand-year tradition of coronations at Westminster Abbey and visit special locations associated with the ancient ceremony including the Cosmati pavement.
Tour sold out
Places on our Church and Crown tour are now sold out, but you can find out more about our special programme of events celebrating the coronation - including themed lates events, family tours, afternoon teas, and a new exhibition - as well as other events on our events page.
About the tour
Explore the different elements of coronations as laid down in the Liber Regalis (the coronation ceremony manuscript) - in the places where they happen. You will be invited to take off your shoes and stand on the Cosmati Pavement, laid in 1269 by Henry III and the site of every coronation since, and to visit the chapel which houses the Coronation Chair to hear about its creation.
Discover the Abbey's royal links throughout history with an Abbey guide. Hear stories from previous coronations – what went wrong, who was barred from attending and which ceremonies nearly didn't take place.
What you need to book for this event
- Eventbrite ticket for the tour
- General admission to the Abbey
What you don't need to book for this event
- Admission to The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries (entry to the Galleries is included in the price of the tour)
How to book
- Select your preferred date(s) and time(s) from the list above.
- You will be transferred to the Eventbrite booking system. Purchase your tickets.
- Once you have purchased your ticket(s), you will be prompted to purchase a ticket for general admission to the Abbey via your booking confirmation. Alternatively, you can visit the Abbey website and purchase via the ‘book tickets’ button on the homepage. NOTE: please select a time slot that is before or at the same time as the start of the tour.
If you would like to look around the rest of the Abbey during your visit then we recommend you do so after you take part in the tour.
Additional information and restrictions
The tour lasts 60 minutes.
There is a maximum of 10 people per tour.
This tour is designed for adults and young people over the age of 10.
There are opportunities for families with children under 10 to explore the Abbey on our family days. See a complete list of our family events.