Summer Organ Festival 2019: Isabelle Demers
In this opening concert of the 2019 Summer Organ Festival Canadian virtuoso Isabelle Demers plays a varied programme featuring works by American composers Jason Roberts and Calvin Hampton as well as music by Bach, Alkan, Tournemire and Stravinsky.
Famed for her 'bracing virtuosity' (Chicago Classical Review) and 'fearless and extraordinary' playing (Amarillo-Globe News), Isabelle Demers has enraptured critics, presenters, and audience members around the globe. She has appeared worldwide in recital in Europe, Oman, Australia, New Zealand, coast to coast in the United States, and in her home country of Canada. She has made a number of critically acclaimed recordings on the Acis label and is currently Organ Professor and Head of the Organ Program at Baylor University, Texas.
TOURNEMIRE - Choral-Improvisation on 'Victimae paschali'
JASON ROBERTS - Two Scherzos
BACH - Concerto in A minor bwv 593
ALKAN - Études pour les pieds seulement (nos 3, 5 & 11)
CALVIN HAMPTON - Lullaby from Suite No 2
STRAVINSKY - Three movements from Petrushka
Additional event information
- Entry for this event is via the Great West Door
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- There will be no interval and the performance will end at approximately 8:10pm
- Seating is unreserved
- Children are welcome but this event is not recommended for those under the age of six
- Photography, filming and sound recording are not permitted anywhere in the Abbey
- While the nave, quire and lantern areas of the Abbey are accessible to audience members, the church is not open for visiting on concert evenings and we recommend consulting our visit us pages to plan a visit during opening hours.
Single ticket: £15 (concessions £10)
Season: £60 (concessions £40) – giving admission to all five concerts
How to book
Concert tickets can be purchased on the door on performance evenings or in advance from the Box Office:
Telephone: 020 7222 1061 (phone lines open Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm)
Booking fees apply: £1.75 per transaction online; £2.75 by phone
Season tickets can only be purchased from the Box Office.