Summer Organ Festival 2019: Michel Bouvard
Renowned French organist Michel Bouvard brings the season to a close with a performance of Widor’s monumental Symphonie Romane, together with works by Louis Marchand and César Franck. He concludes his programme with a work by his grandfather Jean Bouvard.
Michel Bouvard is professor of organ at the Paris Conservatory, titular organist of the Basilica of Saint-Sernin in Toulouse, and one of four principal organists of the Royal Chapel at the Palace of Versailles. For more than 30 years he has pursued a dual career as a sought-after performer and educator and his recordings have garnered the highest international acclaim. Recognised as a leading interpreter of French repertoire, he has given over 1000 concerts in more than 25 countries.
WIDOR - Symphonie Romane
MARCHAND - Grand Dialogue (3ème Livre, 1696)
FRANCK - Choral I in E
BOUVARD - Variations sur un Noël basque
Additional event information
- Entry for this event is via the Great West Door
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- There will be no interval and the performance will end at approximately 8:10pm
- Seating is unreserved
- Children are welcome but this event is not recommended for those under the age of six
- Photography, filming and sound recording are not permitted anywhere in the Abbey
- While the nave, quire and lantern areas of the Abbey are accessible to audience members, the church is not open for visiting on concert evenings and we recommend consulting our visit us pages to plan a visit during opening hours.
Single ticket: £15 (concessions £10)
Season: £60 (concessions £40) – giving admission to all five concerts
How to book
Concert tickets can be purchased on the door on performance evenings or in advance from the Box Office:
Telephone: 020 7222 1061 (phone lines open Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm)
Booking fees apply: £1.75 per transaction online; £2.75 by phone
Season tickets can only be purchased from the Box Office.