Bach St John Passion
Bach’s powerful setting of the Passion story as told in the Gospel of St John. Sung in German.
The Choir of Westminster Abbey is joined by period-instrument ensemble St James’ Baroque for this performance.
The Choir of Westminster Abbey
St James' Baroque
Julian Stocker tenor (Evangelist)
Robert Macdonald bass (Christus)
James O’Donnell conductor
Tickets can be purchased from St John's Smith Square:
Book online: sjss.org.uk
Book by telephone: 020 7222 1061
Additional event information
- Doors open at 6.15 pm
- Entry is via the Great West Door
- There will be no interval and the performance will end at approximately 9:00pm
- Latecomers will be admitted but may not be able to occupy their allocated seats until a suitable break in the performance
- Please consult our Visit us pages if you are interested in taking a tour of the Abbey. On concert evenings the church is not open for visiting and it is only possible to view the area in which the concert takes place (usually the nave).
- This event is not recommended for children under the age of six