1. Do I need to book tickets for all the services?
No, only the following services need to be booked in advance:
- A Service of Lessons and Carols, 23rd December
- A Service of Lessons and Carols, 24th December
- Christmas Midnight Mass, 24th December
2. How do I book tickets?
Tickets must be booked via Eventbrite. To book, click the links on the Advent & Christmas Service page.
3. When will the tickets be released?
Tickets for Christmas services will be released on Tuesday 14th November at 9.30am and 2.30pm and Thursday 16th November at 9.30am and 2.30pm.
4. I tried to book shortly after the tickets were released but all the tickets had been allocated.
Services are incredibly popular and tickets tend to go very quickly.
There are a number of services that do not require advance bookings, please check the Advent & Christmas Services page for more information.
5. I booked tickets but I am not longer able to attend. What can I do?
If you are no longer able to attend please log in into your Eventbrite account and cancel your order. Tickets will be automatically released.
6. Can I exchange my tickets for another service?
Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange tickets. If you are no longer able to attend please cancel your order so tickets can be released.
7. All the tickets have been allocated. Do you have a waiting list? How can I put my name on the list?
The waiting list has a maximum of 10 people. If when trying to book there is still space on the waiting list you will be asked to register.
8. I’m on the waiting list, how will I know when tickets become available?
If a ticket becomes available, you will be contacted automatically with further instructions on how to reserve your ticket.
Please note that due to popularity of these services, you will have eight hours to reserve your place once tickets become available and you are notified.
9. Accessibility/ Special Needs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to discuss any accessibility issues you or any member of your party may have.