The Abbey welcomes donations of any size all of which are gratefully received. If you would like to make a donation you may choose from several areas:
1. Maintenance of the Fabric - This area supports the ‘bricks & mortar’ and conservation work of the Abbey and its precincts to ensure that they are in a sound structural condition and that monuments, tombs and other treasures are conserved and cared for properly. There is a large list of work in this area.
2. Music Programmes & The Choirs - Westminster Abbey's world-renowned musical tradition dates back over one thousand years to its original foundation as a Benedictine monastery in approximately 959. Today the Abbey has one of the world’s finest men and boys’ choirs and is home to some of the world’s finest organists. Gifts to this area enable the Abbey to continue its rich musical offerings and to provide further opportunities for the commissioning of new works and other linked projects.
3. Religious Work and Other Aspects of Abbey Life - The priority of Westminster Abbey is worship. The Abbey offers over 1,500 regular and special services during the course of the year. Morning & Evening prayer and the daily Eucharist (Holy Communion) are at the heart of the Abbey’s life. Supporting this area helps the Abbey to offer the highest level of commitment and service to worshippers, visitors and pilgrims to this special place.
4. Special Current Project - The Cosmati Pavement- A major conservation project is underway on one of the Abbey’s most significant works of medieval craftsmanship- the 13th century ‘Cosmati’ pavement. Centuries of dirt and grime are currently being painstakingly removed and an intensive programme of stabilisation and conservation will then take place. The cost of this special project is £535,000 and will take over two years to complete. Click here for further detail.
5. Wherever the Need Is Greatest - If you do not wish to specify where your donation is to be directed but prefer to help the Abbey with whatever is currently in greatest need, please select this option.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please print off our donation form by clicking the link below. Cheques should be made payable to the Westminster Abbey Foundation and posted to:
Mrs Valerie Humphrey
Director, Westminster Abbey Foundation
20 Dean’s Yard
London SW1P 3PA