In St Benedict's chapel in Westminster Abbey is a stained glass window in memory of those citizens of Westminster who gave their lives during the 1939-45 war. The glass was designed by Hugh Easton and depicts large figures of St Michael, with a flaming sword, and St George slaying the dragon. The coat of arms of the City of Westminster and various badges and emblems representing the armed forces and other organisations, such as the Home Guard and Civil Defence, in which citizens served are also shown. Princess Margaret unveiled the window on 7 November 1948. The inscription reads:
"To the memory of those citizens of Westminster who gave their lives in the war of 1939-45".
A window to the Queens Westminster Rifles who died in the 1914-18 war was originally in this position but was destroyed by blast in 1940.
A photo of the window can be purchased from Westminster Abbey Library.
Due to external building works the window is not very visible at present