Sir Lumley Robinson was buried in the nave of Westminster Abbey in 1684. His monument, by sculptor John Settle, which stood near the grave has been reduced in size and moved to the Abbey triforium and only the inscription tablet remains. The inscription reads:
"Sacred to perpetual memory: Near this lies the mortal part of Sir Lumley Robinson, Baronet, of Kentwell Hall in the county of Suffolk, for his integrity of life, useful learning, and untimely death, esteemed by all that knew him, and who, but that he sleeps in Christ, would long lament him. He died the 6th of June 1684, aged 36. Anne, heir of John Lawrence Esquire, by whom he had Thomas and Anne, now surviving, hath, to the best of husbands, erected this monument".
He was the son and heir of Sir Thomas Robinson, 1st Baronet of Kentwell Hall, Long Melford, Suffolk and his wife Jane, daughter of Lumley Dew and succeeded to the title in 1683. In 1680 he married Anne, whose father John Laurence was buried in the Abbey on 3 February 1685 and mother Amy on 10 September 1687. Anne married secondly in 1688 William Foulis and was buried with Lumley on 13 December 1690.
The children of Lumley and Anne were baptised in the Abbey - Thomas on 14 July 1681 and Anne on 5 October 1682. Thomas succeeded as 3rd Baronet and married Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Thomas Hare and died 1743 when the title became extinct. Anne married Sir Comport Fytche and was buried at Eltham in Kent in 1737, her son William having died young.
A photo of the monument, before and after reduction, can be purchased from Westminster Abbey Library.