Sir Henry De Vic was buried in the north transept of Westminster Abbey "between the font and the Convocation House" (the font was at this period near the monument to the Three Captains in this transept). His gravestone is no longer readable but the inscription was recorded in a manuscript of 1680. It read:
"Here lys the mortall part of Sr Henry De Vic, Baronet and Chancellor of the noble order of the Garter. He departed this life 20 of Novemb. 1671. He was married to Margaret Carterett, the daughter of Sr Philip Carterett of the Isle of Jerseye. By whome he had Charles De Vic, Baronett, and Anne-Charlotte De Vic married to John Lord Fresheville, Baron of Staveley in the county of Derby, who caused this stone to be layde to the memory of her deare father"
His coat of arms was apparently carved on the stone. He was from the island of Guernsey, a son of John de Vic and his second wife Elizabeth Pageot. For twenty years he was resident at Brussels and was created a baronet in 1649. In 1660 he was appointed secretary for the French tongue and Chancellor of the Order of the Garter and in 1662 became controller of the household to the Duke of York. His son Sir Charles died unmarried and the baronetcy became extinct.
For the Carteret family see their separate entry on the website.