Henry Fairs is Head of Organ Studies at Birmingham Conservatoire and Organist to the University of Birmingham. Since winning First Prize and Special Prize at the Odense International Organ Competition (Denmark), his concert career has taken him to the major European centres of organ music and to America, Canada and Japan, performing solo recitals, broadcasts (BBC, BR, MDR, Danish Radio) and concertos on both historic and modern instruments.
Born in Hereford, he was a chorister at Leominster Priory and studied at the Birmingham Conservatoire, where he graduated with First Class Honours and was a prize-winner at the Fellowship diploma of the Royal College of Organists. A scholarship from the Countess of Munster Trust enabled postgraduate studies in Paris, Cologne and Vienna. Important teachers have included David Sanger and Michael Radulescu.
Johann Sebastian Bach – Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C BWV 564
Jehan Alain – Deux Fantaisies
Robert Schumann – Four Sketches Op 58
Max Reger – Fantasia and Fugue on B-A-CH Op 46
Entry is through the Great West Door from 6.30 pm.
Concerts last approximately 70 minutes with no interval.
All seats are unreserved.
Single tickets £12.00 (concessions £8.00)
Season tickets £48.00 (concessions £32.00)
Online: St John's Smith Square
Telephone: 020 7222 1061 (Mon–Sat, 10.00 am–5.00 pm)
In person: The Box Office, St John's, Smith Square, London SW1P 3HA
Booking fees apply: £1.50 online and £2.00 by telephone
Concessions apply to children, full-time students, disabled and senior citizens, and members of the Royal College of Organists (on presentation of membership card).
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Special offer for Abbey visitors and Association members: 25% off with a visitor admission ticket or membership card.
Terms & Conditions
- 25% discount on Summer Organ Festival tickets when presenting a valid Westminster Abbey visitor admission ticket or Association membership card
- Discount available on all ticket types:
- Single ticket: £12 (£9 after discount)
- Concession: £8 (£6 after discount)
- Season ticket: £48 (£36 after discount)
- Concession season ticket: £32 (£24 after discount)
- Up to two tickets at the discounted price are available with every valid Abbey ticket or membership card.
- Tickets are available from Westminster Abbey Shop, the Box Office, St John's Smith Square (personal callers only), and on the door.
- Abbey admission tickets must be dated between 9th July and 9th August inclusive, and must be surrendered at time of booking.
- This promotion is not valid for use in conjunction with any other offer or discount, and cannot be booked online or by phone.
- The promotion begins on 9th July and ends on 9th August 2016.